September 19th, 2018
- The International Scientific Committee of the Choices International Foundation is working on the third revision of its international nutrition criteria. These product group specific criteria serve as the basis for the Choices Programme, which uses a positive front-of-pack logo to stimulate product reformulation and guide consumers toward healthier choices. The criteria also serve as a global bench mark for healthy products. An important part of the criteria revision process is to prepare a scientific publication to describe its methodology. The ISC seeks a trainee or intern who can work together with the Choices secretariat, to perform work for the president of the International Scientific Committee, prof. Lauren Lissner from the University of Göteborg, Sweden.
- Activities are, among others:
- collect data and do desk research for the criteria revision
- Prepare a publication in a scientific journal on the criteria revision process
- Support the Choices International secretariat in its international communication.
Time commitment is approximately 4-6 months, 3-5 days per week, beginning as soon as possible. This opportunity can be considered part of a student internship or master’s thesis and includes a stipend.
The successful candidate will gain deep insights in the methodology of nutrition criteria development, and will gather relevant experience in working in an international multi-stakeholder organization. As the Choices International Foundation works office-less in the cloud, the role will be virtual (most communication via telephone, video conference or email) with occasional face-to-face meetings as needed. The working language is English.
- Current student (master) studying Global Health, Nutrition and health or related study
- Experience in literature review, scientific writing, and product composition
- Knowledge on or interest in learning about front-of-pack labelling and stimulation of product reformulation
- Competencies: Attention to detail, flexibility, pro-active
- Candidates from Africa and Asia are especially encouraged to apply
Please send motivation and CV to email@example.com