June 24th, 2020
Are you a senior consultant from the Philippines, experienced in (food) policies, who wants to engage in the national debate on front-of-pack labelling in collaboration with Choices?
The Choices International Foundation is a global organization that supports national initiatives to shaping national food system(s) to make the healthy choice the easy choice for consumers. An essential step is to be clear about what healthy is. The International Choices criteria, which are independent and science based, differentiate between more and less healthy products and take into account the local context. Based on these criteria, we support partnerships at national level between government, private sector, NGOs and science to agree on actions to drive availability, affordability and desirability of healthier products. These can include private and public policies such as positive FOP labelling, education, social marketing, responsible marketing, food reformulation, innovation, food procurement standards and financial (dis-)incentives.
The Choices International Foundation consists of two regional hubs based in East-Asia and Sub-Sahara Africa and a global team based in Europe, and is working together as one virtual organisation. Choices is governed by a Board and works with an International Scientific Committee and an Industry Support Group.
We are looking for a part-time Senior Consultant based in the Philippines, who will represent Choices as a country representative, to liaise with the government, science, and industry. The job is primarily focused on influencing and communicating with the Philippines government and policymakers on policies pertaining to promoting front-of-pack labelling and healthier foods in the country, to reduce the double burden of malnutrition.
This is a part-time job for 2.5 working days, and the successful candidate will report to Dr. Herbert Smorenburg (Director Country Programs), and Dr. Snighda Misra (Senior Advisor), from 13 July 2020 to 31 December 2020.
- To liaise with the government, science, and industry, as a country representative for the discussion on front-of-pack labelling in Philippines, as a measure to tackling the double burden of malnutrition
- To influence policy makers on the legislation of laws, policies and guidelines, to promote front-of-pack labelling and improve the quality of food labels in the Philippines
- To study the initiatives by other countries in the East Asia regions that have implemented national initiatives pertaining to healthier food and adapt to the Philippines
- To identify and lead conversations with the stakeholders to collaborate with
- A policy paper on the Front-of-Pack labelling
- Presentation of Choices to relevant stakeholders in the Philippines
- Established network with relevant stakeholders, e.g. academia through webinars
- A workshop that shares best practices from other countries in the region
- Relevant working experience in the government / NGO / other influential decision-making bodies, preferably in the area of food policies
- Able to present Choices’ proposition to the government and/or policy makers, on behalf of Choices International Foundation
- Prepared to work in an online environment, with frequent calls to the international and regional teams
- Competencies: outspoken, proactive, independent, and well-connected
Please email your CV to Dr. Snighda Misra at Snigdha.firstname.lastname@example.org, by 10 July 2020.