The Choices International Foundation is a globally operating Foundation, aimed at supporting national initiatives to foster healthier food choices including a positive front-of-pack logo. The global organisation is composed of the Board, the International Scientific Committee, the Industry Support Group and the secretariat. The organisation has a fully online structure, without an office.
The Choices International Secretariat has three tasks:
- Stakeholder management and secretariat coordination
- Scientific support
The Secretariat is seeking a nutrition expert in the role of Scientific Secretary, for 3-4 days per week. The position will commence asap.
Tasks: The Choices Scientific Secretary services the Choices scientific infrastructure, i.e.
- running the secretariat of the International and Regional Scientific Committees and the Scientific Advisory Group
- support of the use and development of the international criteria, including its adaptation in national criteria and the regular criteria revision by ISC
- coordination of the science-based secretariat actions, such as the composition of the annual Research Overview and participation in scientific studies
- supervision of interns and trainees of the Choices secretariat who execute a study or support the scientific activities
- monitor global scientific developments in the areas of food and nutrition sciences
- contribute from the science angle to the regular Choices communication in a newsletter, twitter, website and presentations.
- MSc level in nutrition
- 1 year of experience in relevant fields
- Interest in bridging between science, industry, government and NGOs
- Fluent in English
- Willingness to undertake international travel and irregular working hours
- Pragmatic, flexible, cooperative
- Able to work independently and be prepared to work in an online environment.
For further information contact:
Rutger Schilpzand, Coordinator, Choices Secretariat
Phone: +31 651 789 677